The Dream Log Locking Mechanism adds privacy protection to your diary entries. Read on for how to use the Locking Mechanism or how to reset it should you lose your passcode.
1. Passcode Set-up. The first thing you'll need to do is set your passcode. You can navigate there through the Lock Console, which is accessible from the lock icon in the toolbar at the bottom of the help screen. Or open the tool set from the main view and tap on the key icon.
2. Passcode Set-up. Follow the instructions on the screen and use the lock wheel to enter your new passcode. Be sure to choose one that's easy to remember!
3. Lock Screen. When your passcode is set up and turned on, you'll get the lock screen when you open the app. Just use the wheel to enter your code and it will open. It will always lock when you leave the app.
4. Passcode Reset. If you forget your passcode, tap the key button below the lock wheel. You'll be given the option to go directly to the tutorial on how to delete and reinstall the app without losing your entries. See the Passcode Reset tutorial.
5. QuickLock. If you need to protect your thoughts immediately just tap on the lock ornament below your entry. When you have the lock turned off (see step 6), the lock icon won't be there.
6. Settings. You can temporarily turn off The Dream Log locking mechanism from the Lock Console. Your passcode will not be changed.
7. Passcode Change. You can always change your passcode if you want to.