The Dream Log Locking Mechanism adds privacy protection to your diary entries. It works even better if you add a passcode to your iPad and use an encrypted backup in iTunes. Please see Apple for discussion of iPad security measures.
We strongly recommend choosing a passcode you'll remember easily, and even writing it down and storing it somewhere safe. Should you forget it, however, all is not lost. Read on for how to reset the app without losing your entries, or learn how to use the Locking Mechanism.
1. Back up your entries. Make a copy of your entire collection of entries through iTunes File Sharing. Please see our tutorial and scroll to part 4 - Advanced Backup.
4. Delete the app. Next, delete the app from your iPad. Hold your finger on the icon until they all start to wiggle and little x's appear on each one. Tap the x on the Dream Log icon. You'll be asked if you do, indeed, want to delete the app. Select delete.
5. Reinstall the app. Now when you look up the Dream Log in your list of apps, the check box next to it will be empty, because you uninstalled it. Add a checkmark in there again. Then, in the lower right corner of the iTunes window, click Apply. Your iPad will sync, and the app will reinstall.
5. Recover your entries. Now in the File Sharing window, if you click on the Dream Log, there won't be an .sqlite file. Click on Add.... and navigate to your saved .sqlite file. Click on it and it will appear in the File Sharing window. Then sync your iPad.
5. Reset the Locking Mechanism. When you launch the Dream Log, you'll get the welcome message. From there you can tap Set Lock and go through the set-up process from scratch. And that's it!